Wednesday, May 24, 2006

"One, two, three o'clock, four o'clock BOK..."

Hmm - just when you thought the Football Association couldn't be more cack-handed about, well, everything...
Okay, so it may seem only-sensible planning to some. But surely I'm not the only one to feel slightly uncomfortable about the FA following in the foolish footsteps of Middlesbrough and the Vermin, by organising so early a triumphant, trophy-wielding bus tour through the streets of London to celebrate our, er, inevitable World Cup triumph.
Nice one, whichever fool leaked the plans to The Times.

They think it's all over? It might just be now...

2 comments:

Mike said...

I have to admit to feeling a shiver of dread when I saw the signs up advertising the possible around Islington the other week.

Unfortunately when you need to close a few miles of streets and board up property, it's not something that can be arranged spontaneously, but they should have kept the preparations a bit quieter.

As for the World Cup, I'm dreading it. People who know nothing about football suddenly become experts, idiotic car flags spring up everywhere and the whole thing degenerates into a festival of chavs.

For me, and I suspect many others, there is no question about whether club or international football means more. Still, I can keep myself amused by seeing how 16 Arsenal players get on.

I think it's safe to say that we're on for a hat-trick on cancelled parades.

Aidan said...

True, of course. London will be chaos if we do somehow win and put these best-laid plans into action.

I was fortunate enough in Paris when France won the World Cup - very exciting on the night itself, watching on a big screen in St-Denis, then joining the throng in the Champs Elysees the next day as the bus bundled its way, very slowly, through. But I suspect London would be even more feverish...